Thursday, January 16, 2014

IMATS Los Angeles 2014

Woo Hoo, so excited that I will be attending this years IMATS (International Makeup Artist Trade Show) in Los Angeles for the very first time with my good friend Christina, aka Shuga-Shug.  For those that don't know, IMATS is a huge show where cosmetic companies and related vendors showcase their wares, and many sell their product at a really nice discount.

Some of this years big names are: MacPro, Make Up For Ever, Sigma, Stila,  NYX, Inglot, OCC, and a few up and comers as well, like Makeup Geek and Bdellium Tools.  There are many more, but it would be boring to just write a blog that is a long list.  My two go to booths are Inglot and Bdellium Tools, as I have been hearing phenomenal things about both companies.  I'm not able to try either brand locally, so am going to check them out, and possibly take advantage of show discounts. 

I'm also hoping to snag a pair of Velour lashes, another product I have been reading rave reviews on.  This line of luxury faux lashes is made from mink hair (cruelty free -- the company says the animals are combed) and although pricy, have a much longer use time than the inexpensive synthetic kind.  They are rated for up to 25 uses, so we will see. 

I hear the lines are insane, but having conquered the Hall H line at Comic-Con on a Saturday, I feel confident that the MUFE line won't even phase me.  Although, given the nature of a horde of women at a discount counter, I think the pushing and shoving might be a bit more intense -- the Hall H-ers are a pretty courteous bunch.  Regardless, I shall brave the fray and report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment